Creative Coders at UNSTATIC Technologies
We are a digital content studio conceived for designers and integrators who aim to fulfil their most creative lighting vision.
We create state-of-the-art software for lighting design of any scale to deliver highly customisable, interactive and responsive lighting behaviours, achieving unique experiences at each moment in time and each touch-point in space.
In five years only, our international team have created applications for world-class projects in more than fifteen countries, from small temporary art projects to major permanent lighting installations.
We are based in London. We work worldwide. We envision what will be next, in digital lighting.
About the position
We are looking for fulltime creative developers to join our London team, for senior and junior positions; getting hands on with hardware and new technologies.
The roles entail evolving, optimising and extending our existing codebase, whilst also working with lighting designers, hardware integrators and construction teams, remotely and onsite.
The position requires frequent traveling, within the UK, Europe and beyond, to deliver our projects.
We are looking for London based candidates, or candidates who are willing to relocate here.
You should be a strong coder, but also have the ability to coordinate with construction teams, hardware installers and lighting designers. You should have an interest in data visualization, interactive large-scale installations, high and low-resolution real time graphics.
We expect you to have a good aesthetic eye, and the ability to take a project from concept to delivery.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent coding experience
- Strong skills in C++ and real time graphics programming
- Familiar with creative coding frameworks (openFrameworks is our preference)
- A keen eye on code quality, and the ability to work and extend our existing codebase.
- Experience in data processing, computer vision and other interaction technologies for the built environment
- Good communication skills, and the ability to be a team player
- Fluent in Linux and Windows development
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Ability to integrate low level APIs for interaction technologies and other third-party components
- Experience with lighting technologies and communication protocols
- Fluency in Python
- Interest in exploring new technologies
How to apply
Please send your CV and portfolio of works to firstname.lastname@example.org